Thursday 25 October 2012

Macchiato Bar- Tonino Lamborghini cafe.....my first cremino!

Well today while shopping at Brent Cross I stumbled across a new cafe..... Macchiato Bar.
Cafe in the middle of a shopping centre? Well there's a first time for everything.


 Some background on the cafe; the macchiato bar also known as Tonino Lamborghini cafe, probably most of you like me only know Lamborghini as the famous car brand. But apparantly in 1981 Tonino Lamborghini began his own luxury lifestyle brand. The bar itself was opened on 1st October 2012, it is the first one in London and they intend to open more branches soon.
 I had a look at their menu and was happy to see that there was only coffee and tea without all the fancy stuff, just good old coffee and tea, just what I like. I was going to go for cappucino but the asterix next to cremino caught my eye and I couldn't help it. They are very sneaky with this one, when you read the small writing underneath for the description of the drink it says 'ask our barista about this delicious coffee.' However could I resist.

So I asked the really nice lady at the counter, what it was apparently Cremino (£2.25) consists of espresso, chocolate and foam, sounds fun so I went for it (to me it seemed slightly risky to buy a small cup of espresso chocolate drink for that price), but I kept my fingers crossed hard hahaha! So I took a seat and sat down anticipating my drink.....


The barista (on the left) working on my drink..... While reading more about their company , they mentioned they make sure that their baristas are experienced in the art of making Italian coffee and while talking to the barista he told me that he has 12 years experience working as a barista so I guess my coffee was in good hands after all.


Yey my cremino and the small cup of tap water, which is apparantly drank before drinking the espresso.


 Yum yum yum!!! A layer of froth, a layer of espresso I think and the layer of chocolate. Soooooo good!! I really liked it, not gonna go into huge detail of what it tasted like but it was smooth and the coffee aroma was amazing! And the chocolate sauce is made by the barista himself, the recipe a secret.


Selling the Lamborghini merchandise such as the coffee beans, tea bags (which is really awesome by the way I saw it looked like those long sugar packets but it has small holes which allows the tea to diffuse from the holes and you dunk the whole thing in! FUN!)

Yum yum!! The pastries available there, are not made on site, but I was assured they were made by Italians.
Prices start from £1.00 to £2.25



Macchiato Bar

Brent Cross shopping centre, upper mall
Opening times
Monday-Friday: 10am-8pm
Saturday: 9am-8pm
Sunday 12pm-6pm
020 8203 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment