Saturday 27 October 2012

Borough market, a little paradise for little old me.....

Having lived in London for about 20 years, I am embarassed to say that until this day I have never been to Borough Market! Having heard all wonderful stories from my fellow international students I decided it was time to give it a visit. 

Luckily on the day that I visited the market was opened and in full bloom! There were so much to see, so much to buy, it was well and truly overwhelming. 


Click 'read more' for the rest of the photos!

As with most cities, London is filled with all sorts of outdoor and indoor markets selling all kinds of different products but Borough market has always caught my attention. 


 Borough in London Bridge has long been the home to food markets and traders in grain, fish and vegetables. In the 13th century traders relocated to the Borough high street which the current market is located and has been the location of the market ever since. 

I'm going to keep this short and simple, because I don't want to drown you all with words. As they say a picture says a thousand words and there are a lot of photos to go through, so enjoy! 



























And that's all folks! Hope you all liked the photos and I really recommend those of you, who still haven't been to go and visit Borough Market! 

Borough Market 
8 Southwark Street 
London 
SE1 1TL
The market is located right next to London Bridge Station, located cross the Borough High Street 

Opening Times

Open for lunch
Monday- Tuesday 10am-5pm

Full Market
Wednesday-Thursday 10am-5pm
Fridays 10am-6pm
Saturdays 8am-5pm

www.boroughmarket.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment