Friday 26 October 2012

Carluccio's WHY YOU SO SALTY!!!!

Carluccio's at Brent Cross, a really bad bet. I'm always slightly afraid of chain restaurants; even if one is good the next one might not be the same. But in Brent cross all you get is chain restaurants, despite my bad first experience with Carluccio's a few years ago I decided to give it another go......

After having a look at the menu, we decided to try a soup to test the waters first if it was good we would order mains, and thank goodness we did that because it was some salty waters!

Courgette soup (£4.75)
It was one of the today's special. (Sighs.....when I saw it I was like YEY creamy soup me like!) I have never tried courgette soup before, so I was excited but who was I kidding the stuff was watery as well and sadly also too salty I couldn't taste much other than the salt. The pancetta like the one below was fine is they held back on the salt, I'm getting tired of saying salt but to be honest if I could extract all the extra salt I could cook meals for a whole week with it.

Zuppa di pesece (£13.95)
Fish stew including prawns, clams, Pollock fillet and mussels with tomato, garlic, spicy sausage and anise.  Well sighs only one of us was adventurous enough to try something in the main course menu (not me thankfully). I tried a little and the seafood was okay not the mussels which I could taste a lot of sand in, but the sauce was a bit water downed, not much special the sauce didn't get absorbed by the seafood, except the pollock which did soak a little in but it seemed the seafood and the sauce was separated not good and once again too much salt. The bread with it was okay but definitely not special.

Garlic bread (£3.50),
Would have been nicer with some grease proof paper and once again with the S word , the sodium chloride, please please please stop putting so much on the food!!!!

Patate,
Sautee potato with rosemary, one of my all time favourites, but was sadly let down by the extra sprinkle of unneeded sea salt. But it was still quite good once I scraped it off.

Final verdict

Value 5/10 
quite expensive for what the quality I was given
Environment 6/10 only because it was inside Fenwick so it was easily accessible, it was clean but it was so noisy and so crowded and we were seated in front of the kitchen door, and there was a army of buggies, not the most comfortable setting. 
Food 4/10, I felt I was drowning in the sea, I'm sorry but it was too salty very disappointing. 
Service 5/10, not very good I got service but that was it, we had to ask for the bill twice but I can understand they were busy but it was adequate.

1 comment:

  1. Camilla@Carluccios16 November 2012 at 10:12

    So sorry to hear about this - please email camillaj@carluccios.com so we can pick this up ASAP.

    ReplyDelete