Tuesday 13 November 2012

Maison Bertaux, oh how my heart flutters.......

Why does my heart flutter at maison Bertaux you may ask? Well just because it has the best cakes ever that's why! Just looking at the photos is making me hungry!!! Ever since I tasted my first bite of cheesecake from maison Bertaux I have been in love! Situated on 28th Greek Street, the pattiserie claims to be the 'London's oldest. (and best) patisserie' none of which I can disagree on, as the cakes here are magical! 

Delicious cakes and pastries on display, croissants are £1.30 each which I think is quite cheap! Assorted tarts from £4.00, eclairs £4.20, I think the cookies are around £1-£2. And the green round object in the far left are marzipan figs and are £4.50 each. The prices might seem slightly pricey but it is soooooo worth it, especially the cakes!

Filled with different souvenirs, trinkets and cards, just shows how much history is in this store and makes it extra homely. It might not be glamorous, but it's decor is not it's strong selling point, the cakes are, and the decor does remind me a living room of a sweet old person hahaha.
Packed even late at night.
Filled with delicious cakes! Each price for cakes start from around £3.00 or so, and a whole cake prices start from £38 for 9" and £58 for 11" trust me it is worth every penny and our big family usually buy their cakes for birthdays and other special occasions! A favourite for everyone, especially the mixed berry cheesecake and I am not even a fan of cheesecake but this cheesecake is soooo delicious! If you want to surprise someone with a birthday cake, you can try your luck and hope that there is a whole cake still left for you, but I would recommend to call and order a cake before hand cause I failed badly when I tried to buy a whole birthday cake late at night the other day, all was left was individual pieces of cakes.
Birthday cake, mixed berry cheesecake, I couldn't fend off my family members long enough to take a photo of the cake in it's full glory. The cheesecake is really really good, as I said before I wasn't a cheesecake fan until I met Maison Bertaux, the cheese is smooth and does not have that extremely strong cheese taste, the texture is also firm and not soft. The fruit is wrapped and covers the cheese by jelly and it is finished off with a thin layer of sponge. 

Pretty and tasty heart cookie, I heart Maison Bertaux! This is actually a old picture, I was given this cookie by the owner when I visited during Chinese new year 2012 with best wishes for the new year. Thank you very much! It was really delicious and thoughtful! 

Mixed berry cheesecake, mixed fruit cheesecake, and chocolate cheesecake!!Can it be any more perfect? My favourite is still the mixed berry cheesecake! 
Maison Bertaux

28 Greek Street  SOHO London    
020 7437 6007

http://www.maisonbertaux.com/maisonbertaux.com/Maison_Bertaux.html

And if I remember right, they are closed on Mondays, but according to most websites they are opened 

Tuesday-Saturday 9:00-23:00 
Sunday 9:00-20:00. 

I suggest to call and check with them, if you live quite far, or need to plan ahead! But please do check them out, the cakes are just sooooo awesome! But I usually just buy it to eat at home, I ate in once but thought it was okay, not as special as their cakes! But do make your day a happy one, with a delcious cake or pastry from this amazing place! It is my favourite place for cakes, and you all know how picky I am!Hahaha! I hope you all find the time to visit and do let me know what you think! 

See you all soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment